Sunday, April 24, 2016

Mountains, Attempt 2

This week, I did a track workout on Wednesday and a 3 mile recovery run on Thursday.  My legs weren't sore, but have been feeling tired.  On Saturday, I met my friend at the mountain again.

The first trip up was rough and I wasn't sure I was going to make it.  My legs were on fire.

As I stood on the top of the mountain the first trip up, something clicked.  The thought crossed my mind that I wasn't *just* training for Mt. Washington.  This hill training was going to make me a stronger runner overall.  My legs were going to be strong, I'd be able to tackle hills in races like a boss, and most importantly, I would be mentally strong enough to push through difficult stretches during the marathon.  The marathon.  There is was.  The carrot that I needed.

My next 3 trips up were much better.  I dug deep, focused hard and felt strong.  I was able to actually run more than walk on these trips.  I felt good and at the end, I probably had one more trip in me.  But, I left it at 4 for this week.

Total elevation this run:  1,258 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment